2/07/2010

Grab on you MAC

While creating this blog I discovered there were some icons I could not drag and drop to include a graphic within a post. While doing a search for a screen copy I found a neat little tool in the MAC Applications folder that is nifty for "grabbing" images you find and can not use the traditional copy/paste in which to make a copy. Once you open the "Grab" application you can choose to copy the whole screen or just a selection. You can do this anywhere on the web or on your computer. To find it on your Mac, go to Applications > Utilities > Grab. Double click to open it and then from the menu above choose "Capture" and then your choice or window, screen, or selection. I am so happy with this tool I have dragged it into my Dock for frequent future use. The images are all saved as Tiffs but I found that if you open the Tiff image and do a "Save As" it will let you re-save as a jpeg, or whatever you choose.

No comments:

Post a Comment